You are trying to lose weight—but eating a second helping is so tempting. And you just don’t feel full. It can be hard to stick with a diet when you feel hungry all the time.
What if there were a way you could feel fuller without eating more?
That is the promise of Ro Plenity, a new weight loss management treatment.
Does Ro Plenity deliver on that promise? Let’s learn more about this novel treatment, how it works, its purported benefits, its safety and cost.
We will also take a look at the science behind Plenity and what real-life customers are saying.
What is Plenity?
Plenity is a weight loss treatment developed by Gelesis. You can purchase Plenity through Ro, the telehealth company that operates Rory, Roman and Zero.
It comes in a capsule form and contains a paste comprised of citric acid and cellulose. When you take three capsules with a 16 ounce glass of water, the paste expands in your gut.
As a result, when you eat a meal 20 minutes later, you feel fuller sooner.
The cellulose then passes through your system. Unlike the additional food you might otherwise consume, your body doesn’t digest it and pack on fat.
Plenity Quick Facts
- 3 capsules before meals
- Cellulose and citric acid help you feel full
- No wheat or gluten
- Drug-free weight loss
- $98 a month
What Are the Benefits of Plenity?
- Increase satiety. One of the worst parts of dieting for many people is feeling like they have an empty stomach. You can avoid that sensation along with the accompanying urge to overeat by using Plenity.
- Eat less without counting calories. Many people struggle with diets that involve calorie counting. First of all, who wants all that math? Secondly, trying to stay under a certain calorie count just increases the psychological perception that one is starving oneself. With Plenity, all of that goes away. You just eat until you feel full. Because you feel full with less food in your stomach, you can lose weight in a way that feels more natural and less restrictive.
- Avoid restricting what you can eat. When you diet with Plenity, you eat less in general. But you don’t necessarily need to worry about cutting particular foods out of your diet.
- Adhere to your diet for longer. When you always feel hungry, you can lose the willpower to keep following through on your diet. This is one of the main reasons that many people give up on their diets before making it to their goal weights. But you can feel comfortable and full after your meals when you are using Plenity. That means that you are less likely to feel a temptation to give up, and more likely to achieve your goal weight.
- Avoid drugs. Even though you need a prescription for Ro Plenity, it is not a drug. By using it instead of a prescription weight loss drug, you may avoid the side effects of those medications.
How Does Plenity Work?
The Ro Plenity capsule is no larger than any other regular capsule you might take. So, you may be astonished to hear that Plenity expands after you take it to fill as much as a quarter of the space in your stomach!
How is that possible? It has to do with all that water you have to drink when you take Plenity.
The water combines with the contents of the Plenity capsules. This causes those contents to increase volume tremendously.
As Plenity continues to pass through your digestive tract, the water and the contents of the capsules separate from one another again.
Once that happens, your body absorbs the water.
But your body does not absorb Ro Plenity. Instead, you eliminate it with the rest of your waste.
So, even though Plenity has a filling effect, helping you to avoid overeating, it does not contribute to packing on fat.
Does Science Support Ro Plenity?
Yes, science does support Ro Plenity. As explained here, “Gelesis sponsored a weight loss study with 223 patients in the experimental group and 213 in the placebo group. The length of the weight loss study was 171 days. The placebo group lost 4.39% body weight, while the group on Plenity lost 6.41%. There were very few side effects, like an abdominal fullness or bloating.”
You can view the full text of the study for yourself here, which emphasizes how well-tolerated the treatment is by the majority of patients.
Plenity says on this page, “Nearly 6 out of 10 people who took Plenity lost at least 5% of their body weight. Their average weight loss was 10% (about 22 pounds).”
So, based on the research to this point, Plenity appears to be effective for weight loss.
Is Ro Plenity Safe?
Most people should experience few to no side effects when using Plenity, as just mentioned. The following cautions are recommended for select patients:
“Hydrogel should be used with caution in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease, ulcers, or heartburn. 1 Avoid prescribing the capsules for patients with esophageal anatomic anomalies (e.g., diverticuli), for patients with suspected strictures (e.g., Crohn’s disease), and for patients who have undergone prior gastrointestinal (GI) surgery that could affect GI transit.”
So, if any of those describe you, you may want to exercise caution or seek a different solution. Otherwise, Plenity may be a great fit for you.
What Does Plenity Cost?
You can get Plenity for $98 per month. Compared to some other weight loss treatments which may range above $300 a month, that is quite affordable.
How to Take Ro Plenity
You can use Plenity twice daily. You should take it 20 or 30 minutes before you plan on a meal.
1. Make sure that the capsules are not damaged. If any are, get rid of them.
2. Take three capsules with 16 ounces of water (two glasses, if your glasses each hold 8 ounces).
3. Eat as usual. Just make sure that you do not start eating sooner than 20-30 minutes after taking Plenity.
What if you forget to take Plenity before you eat? You can still take it during the meal or after. That might prevent you from the urge to snack later.
That being said, logically, it seems like this might lead to you feeling overly full after a meal if you accidentally eat more than you normally would with Plenity in your system.
Does this happen? We do not know. As of this point, we did not find clarification from the company regarding this (or any comment about it at all).
Is Plenity Legit?
Yes, Plenity is legit. As reported here in April 2019, “The company announced FDA clearance this month and noted that the product, called Plenity, is the only prescription weight management product cleared for use by overweight adults with a body mass index of 25 or higher.”
What Are Users Saying About Plenity?
As of the time we are writing this, Plenity is still very new, so reviews from real users are hard to come by.
Nonetheless, some research turned up some early reports from users who are just getting started with the treatment.
So far, it sounds like for most patients, Plenity is doing its job of promoting a sense of fullness. People who are taking it are finding themselves eating smaller portion sizes than they normally would.
What about side effects? There are some reports of gassiness or mild abdominal discomfort—and we did see one person mention their migraines seemed worse while taking it.
We haven’t heard anything else about migraines, so whether this might be a common issue or a rare one, we do not know (nor does a single anecdote prove any causal link).
Aside from that, we have seen no major complaints yet. Most users seem happy with their initial progress and appear to be tolerating Plenity well.
Pros of Plenity
- This is a natural alternative to a drug for weight loss. While weight loss medications may be effective, they can have unwanted side effects, and not every user can tolerate every drug. Plenity is a naturally-derived solution that gets you away from relying on weight loss drugs.
- Plenity doesn’t stay in your system. You do not have to worry about any sort of buildup.
- You can eat smaller portions without feeling hungry. While you might have struggled to find the discipline to downsize your portions in the past and come away feeling hungry, Plenity lets you eat less without all that difficulty. Instead of struggling to eat less, you might find yourself struggling if you wanted to eat more. So, since you are full, you will just naturally stop eating when you have had a healthy portion size.
- Plenity makes it easy to lose weight without counting calories or limiting types of foods you eat. You do not need to worry about adding up all your calories for the day with Plenity, because your body’s full signal will kick in and tell you when to stop eating. You also can eat a wide variety of foods.
- Plenity costs less than many alternatives. Although this treatment is not cheap, it is a very good deal compared to some treatments that cost triple or more.
- Side effects, if any, should be minimal. You might experience some minor side effects, but chances are good that most users will tolerate Plenity well.
Cons of Plenity
- Not all patients can use Plenity. The FDA approved this treatment specifically for patients with a (BMI) of 25 to 40 kg/m2 . Also, as mentioned earlier, patients with certain health conditions should not use Plenity. It is also possible to have an allergy to one of the ingredients. If you are pregnant, you also should not be using this treatment.
- You do need a prescription. By 2021, it will be possible for doctors offline to prescribe Plenity, but as of right now, you can only get a prescription for it online (more on that shortly). Thankfully, this is a fast and easy process.
- When you stop using Plenity, you will need to eat less on your own. Plenity is not a permanent solution for weight loss. It is important to realize that when you stop using it, you will not have that extra fullness anymore. So, you will need to maintain your reduced portion sizes on your own, which may be a little difficult at first.
Who Should Consider Plenity?
Plenity may be appropriate for you if you have a (BMI) of 25 to 40 kg/m2, and if it is not contraindicated for you for any reason.
This treatment helps solve a number of problems that hold back overweight patients from achieving their goal weights. It helps you feel full, it reduces the need to count calories or restrict foods, and it should not have major adverse effects. So, regardless of the weight loss problems you need to solve, Plenity may be the answer you are looking for.
Where Can You Get Plenity?
You do not need to schedule an appointment with a doctor in person to get Plenity. In fact, right now, an online consultation is the only way to get it.
You’ll need to head to the official Plenity website if you want to get a prescription. Once you are there, you will need to answer some questions about your health and medical history as part of your online consult with a licensed healthcare provider. It shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes to get started.
(Click Here to Get Plenity Now)
Plenity is a Promising New Weight Loss Treatment
If you have quit weight loss drugs because of their side effects, or you simply want to avoid using them in the first place, Plenity offers you a safe and novel alternative.
This naturally derived treatment helps you feel full while you eat and then passes right through your system.
Early research results as well as initial reports from everyday dieters show that Plenity is effective for increasing satiety and promoting weight loss, and does so with few to no side effects.
So, if you are ready for a smoother, easier road to weight loss, try Plenity today.