Do you suffer from acid reflux? If you are looking for an easy, affordable way to treat your heartburn, you may be interested in the online clinic Evens.
Can this site help you keep acid reflux at bay so you can get back to eating what you want without heartburn? In this review, we will go over the benefits, services, costs, payment options, and more for this online health service.
What is Evens?
Evens is a telehealth service that specifically focuses on providing prescription medications to patients who suffer from acid reflux.
Evens Quick Facts
- $10 consultation fee
- Recurring subscription service for your medication
- Most medications start at $21
- Your consultation fee buys you a year of ongoing support from a doctor
- Self-pay (no insurance)
What Are the Benefits of Evens?
- Avoid wasting time and money at a local clinic. It might cost you $50 or more to schedule an appointment with your primary to talk about your acid reflux. But with Evens, you can spend just $10 to have an online consult and get the medication you need to manage your symptoms.
- Skip the stress of an in-person consultation. If you have acid reflux, your symptoms are already stressful enough. You do not want to make them worse by subjecting yourself to further unnecessary stress. For a lot of people, going to the clinic is a stressful event. Even just scheduling an online appointment to talk to someone in real time can be stressful. You get to avoid all of that by going through Evens. Since all you need to do is answer some questions about your health and symptoms, it could not be easier to get the help you need.
- Choose the treatment you are most comfortable with. You can request whatever treatment you think will be most suitable to your needs. That means that you are leading your treatment plan, tailoring it to your requirements. So long as what you want to do is deemed appropriate by the reviewing physician, you should be able to get your prescription of choice.
- Pick your delivery schedule. You are not stuck with just one delivery schedule according to the site’s routines. Instead, you can choose one that is right for you.
- Protect your health by avoiding unnecessary exposure at clinics. During the era of coronavirus, it is important not to go to a clinic unless you must, since clinic environments could expose you to COVID-19. There is really no need in most cases to have a face-to-face consult about acid reflux, so it is safer and more sensible to get care online through Evens.
- Get faster care. Does your primary provider have weeks of backed-up scheduling or even months? It is common especially in rural areas to encounter barriers to care like these. Acid reflux won’t wait, however. You might be able to save yourself weeks of woe by going through Evens instead. You could have the medication you need to manage your acid reflux inside of two weeks or less.
What Services Does Evens Provide?
Evens is dedicated solely to providing care to patience with acid reflux.
On this website, you can consult with a licensed doctor to prescribe you a treatment for your heartburn.
This process involves filling out a questionnaire. You do not need to schedule a time for a conversation.
What Does Evens Cost?
You will pay just $10 for your online consultation. That fee also covers the cost of messaging support for an entire year.
Here are the treatments available through Evens and their associated costs:
- Omeprazole: Starting at $21
- Pantoprazole: Starting at $21
- Esomeprazole: Starting at $21
- Rabeprazole: Starting at $35
- Antacid: Starting at $15
Both prescription and over the counter medications are available.
How Does Evens Work?
It is fast and easy to obtain a prescription from Evens. Here is how it works:
1. Click “Get Started” to create an account at the Evens website.
2. You will now be taken to a page where you can browse through the available acid reflux treatments. Pick the treatment you want to order.
3. You now have a chance to open an account. Look under “Tell us your info,” and fill in your name and email address to open your account. You will also need to provide your date of birth, state, sex, and a password. Agree to the terms and conditions and click “Continue.”
4. Complete the checkout process. Your order will include the cost of the consultation, which you will begin shortly, and the cost of the medication you have selected.
5. Complete the consultation. This entails answering some questions about your health and symptoms on a questionnaire so that a licensed doctor can review it and make sure that the prescription that you want is appropriate for you.
6. Receive your medication. It should only take 24 to 48 hours for your consultation process to be complete. At that point, you can check your inbox to see if your prescription request was approved. If it was, your medication will be shipped to you directly. You can pick a delivery schedule that is convenient for you.
The cost of shipping is just $3. After you place an order, it takes the site around 1 to 3 days to process it, after which shipping takes around 5 to 7 days on average.
Tracking is included with shipping, so you can check to see where your order is en route to you.
Here is the pharmacy that Evens uses:
350 Eagles Landing Dr.
Lakeland, Florida 33810
It is important to know that this is a subscription service. You do not need to keep paying the consultation fee, but you will be signing up to automatically receive refills of your medication if you choose the “Subscribe and save” option at checkout.
The option does exist to make a one-time purchase of a medication if that is what you prefer.
Again, you can choose your refill date as well as the frequency with which you want to receive your medication.
If at any point you need to talk to your doctor, you can either use the secure messaging system, or you can schedule a phone call.
What Are the Evens Payment Options?
This clinic is a self-pay service. That means that you cannot go through your insurance company to pay for your medications.
You can submit your payment using your credit or debit card.
Is Evens Legit?
Yes. Evens writes, “All Evens doctors are licensed in the states they operate in and have gone through a thorough background check.”
Pros of Evens
- This service is affordable. $10 for an initial evaluation and a year of support is a pretty awesome deal, and should save you a lot of money over a traditional clinic appointment. Additionally, the medications themselves are reasonably priced.
- You can choose from a number of different medications to find the solution that works for you.
- Get fast help for acid reflux. The 24-48 hour turnaround time after you submit your information is rapid.
- Shipping is affordable and comes with tracking.
- There is no appointment necessary. You can answer the questionnaire when it is convenient to you. This saves you hours of time over a traditional doctor’s appointment.
- If you need a consult, you can request one via a method that works for you. If you prefer the speed and convenience of messaging, you can go with that. If you want to talk in real-time, you can set up a call.
Cons of Evens
- The prices are affordable for medications, but the option to go through your insurance does not exist.
- Evens may not be available in your state (see below).
Who Should Consider Evens?
Evens writes, “We can ship our over-the-counter medications (antacids, omeprazole 20mg and esomeprazole 20mg) to all 50 states without a doctor’s prescription. We can only sell our prescription treatments (omeprazole 40mg, esomeprazole 40mg, pantoprazole, and rabeprazole) in states where telemedicine is available.”
So long as you live in a state where you can participate in telemedicine, you should be able to use Evens to obtain a prescription medication for acid reflux.
Aside from that, Evens might not be ideal for you if you are looking for a specific type of medication that the site does not prescribe such as H2 blockers.
But so long as what you want to use to treat your acid reflux is available through the site, Evens should be able to help you out.
With Evens, It Is Fast and Easy to Get Prescription Treatment for Acid Reflux
Now you know how Evens works. While this site does not take insurance, its services are affordable, and may save you money over a trip to your local clinic.
Using Evens to treat acid reflux is also faster, easier, and safer than going to the clinic in our COVID-19 times.
If you fill out the questionnaire on the site today, you could have a prescription for an acid reflux medication of your choice within just 24-48 hours.
To get started with Evens now and get relief from your acid reflux, click the link below.